12.16.2007

1.5.4 : Return of the Acid

Though there are more memories that may have conveyed the next few months more quickly, the emotions are too much for me. Sharing them with my Mistress so intimately is almost unbearable while her shielding is still so child-like. All emotions are born open to me, and I can not bare another moment like that. Though I feel blessed that I am the one she Chose as her most trusted, the creature before my now is not the Mistress who did the Choosing. It will be a matter of time before my Mistress is herself again, and though my vow to her remains, for the time, it is I who must continue to plan for the future of my people.

Just as I have when she has left before. Just as I will when she leaves once more. It will then be, once more, as if she was never my Mistress at all.

I shake the thought loose, discarding the folders of memory that I had been thumbing through and turn to speak to her with words once more. I start, but she stops me, the look on her face paralyzing as the serpent's venom. I am trapped in the icy tombs that seem to be burning with rage as her fingers wrap themselves neatly around the feather at the very base of my neck. I know what is coming and can do nothing but prepare myself for the pain.

The force wrenches my head backwards, and I fall back onto the couch, the agony unbelievable. I can not move, can not talk to finish the report, can not do anything but watch as she calls forth her true nature. My feather, hovering just at the tips of her fingers, is radiating its inner light. My inner light. The tides of her emotions have poisoned her patience; it is clear to me, even now. My Mistress never was one to accept that I censor my reviews for her own good. This is not the first time I have been thankful that that particular feather grows back with a speed that is unmatched by its fellows.

While she extracts the experiences of the feather...my experiences, I let myself rest. It is the least I can allow myself after all of that exposition to be ruined instantaneously by her impatience.

No comments: